November 19, 2009

Baking Blitz: Split Seconds


I saw the picture for this recipe most times when I flipped through my recipe book and it never really looked to appealing to me but I decided to give it a go and wow, I’m so glad I did! It’s like a Jam-Jam but butter! (Wasn’t sure that was possible; Jam-Jams are a classic!) If you like Jam-Jams but it’s too much cookie for you and not enough jam here’s the cookie for you!

Rating: A total 5!! These are so good! (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

2/3 cup Sugar
¾ cup Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
2 cups Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Jam (of your course, I like grape!)

Heat oven to 350

Combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Add flour and baking powder; mix well.

Divide dough in 4 equal parts. On lightly floured surface shape each part into 12’’ long rolls. Place on cookie sheet. Use a wooden spoon or your finger; make depressions about ½’’ deep lengthwise down the centre of each roll. Fill each roll with jam/jelly.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until likely golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut each baked roll diagonally into 12 cookies. Cool on wire racks.

Tip: I cook mine until they are cooked enough to not be dough but still nice and soft.

Tip: These cookies freeze really well and are so tasty frozen.

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Awesome blog, new follower here. I blogged about tasty Vegan treats for the holidays. Maybe there is something you'll like. www.greenlovestore.blogspot.com - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love holiday treats!! just gearing up to make heaps!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!