March 25, 2011

Baking My Way: Spicy Banana Bars

So I had one rip banana and I was just going to go for the default when that happens- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins but I remember about my goal and decided to find something that would work. I found this recipe and although presentation wise it doesn't look that great these bars are super tasty and make a great spring or summer light treat! Also great with tea or coffee!

I give these a 4 (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")


Bars:
- 1/4 butter
- 1/3 mashed banana
- 1/4 milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans

Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-4 teaspoons water


Bar Instructions:
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan.
- In a bowl mix butter and banana; blend well.
- Add milk and eggs; blend well.
- Add all remaining bar ingredients; blend well.
- Spread in the prepared pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.

Frosting Instructions:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in icing sugar, lemon juice and water
- Spread over warm bar
- Cool completely before cutting into squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!